Harmonic Drive Systems Inc. HDSI takes great care to protect personal information, such as the names and addresses of individuals, obtained through our business activities.
Handling of Personal Information
- 1) In the handling of personal information, HDSI observes the Japanese laws and ordinance on personal information protection, Japanese government guidelines, and other standards.
- 2) We use personal information only within the scope necessary for achieving the purposes of use declared, notified, made public, or for which consent has been obtained.
- 3) The personal information provided to us is used only for legitimate purposes such as fulfilling agreements with customers, introducing our products and services, announcing exhibitions, seminars or other HDSI-held events, requesting survey participation to measure customer satisfaction, etc., and responding to inquiries of various kinds.
Limits on provision of personal information to third parties
Except in the following cases, HDSI does not provide personal information to any third party without obtaining the consent of the individual.
- 1) When required by law.
- 2) When necessary for protection of human life, health, or property and it would be difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- 3) When providing personal information as part of business succession for reason of a company merger or split, transfer of business, or other such situation.
- 4) When outsourcing the handling of personal information within the scope of the purpose for use.
Inquiries regarding personal information
- 1) To inquire about your own personal information, please make application at the contact point for the product or service, etc., for which you registered your personal information.
- 2) HDSI will, based on Japanese laws and company regulations, respond to requests, suggestions, and consultations regarding the disclosure, correction, deletion, or halting of use, etc., of specific personal information.
- 3) In response to requests for the disclosure, correction, deletion, or halting of use, etc., of specific personal information, we will disclose, correct, add, halt the use of, or delete the information within a reasonable time period provided we are able to confirm that the request is from the affected individual, from the standpoint of preventing the leaking of personal information and ensuring accuracy and security of the information. If we are unable to confirm the identity of the requester and therefore cannot comply with a request, we will notify the requesting party to that effect.
HDSI is unable to assume responsibility for the security of the customer's personal information on the websites of other companies linked to from this site. Please confirm the handling of personal information at the linked companies' sites.